The First State Bank is taking applications for a part-time Teller at our Huntington Drive-Thru. The qualified applicant will be expected to assist customers with all bank accounts including crediting and debiting funds to accounts, accepting loan payments, and providing receipts for all transactions.
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Experience using computers.
- Experience with general accounting procedures (credits and debits).
- Ability to count currency and coin
- Cash Handling Experience
- Accuracy and attention to detail is required.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Understanding of the principles of a checking and savings account
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Process all deposits, count cash, examine checks, validate deposit tickets, and provide receipts to customers.
- Cash checks within the bank guidelines and check account balances in OSI.
- Process all loan payments.
- Process deposit for club accounts and employer taxes.
- Count, verify and strip package currency and coin received during the day (including sorting for mutilated bills).
- Process after hours depository bags and mail deposits.
- Issues money orders, travelers checks, certified checks, and cashiers' checks.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Assist customers with safety deposit boxes.
- Maintain the cash drawer throughout the day. Count and balance the cash drawer at the end of each business day. Record the count and complete an outage report if necessary.
- Buy and sell money to and from the vault.
- Sell bank products and services to new and existing customers.
- Comply with all bank security measures.
- Maintain the ATM machine.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of all fields within OSI.
- Attend training to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor towards, customers, colleagues, and management.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
This job description does not state or imply that the duties listed above are the only duties to be performed by the associate. Associates are required to follow job-related instructions and perform other job-related activities requested by their supervisor.