The First State Bank offers many types of consumer loans to help you finance your life.
Learn more about each type below and then contact us to find out how easy we make it for you to get started.Try our loan calculators and auto calculators
Home Equity Line of Credit
A Home Equity Line of Credit allows you to use the equity built up in your home to finance projects, vacations or any other purchase. This flexible, open-ended line of credit is designed to give you control. The line of credit is secured with a mortgage on your home. In most cases the interest is tax deductible*.
The Home Equity Line of Credit can be paid down and then readjusted up to the maximum any time during the first 10-year period. The Home Equity Line of Credit provides you with checks you may write yourself. You receive a monthly statement showing the current interest rate, your payment amount, finance charge for the current month and any activity for the current statement period. Once approved for a credit-limit – you use the funds simply by writing a check – and you only pay interest on the actual amount used.
- Open-ended line of credit
- 10-year draw period with 5-year repayment
- Line of credit secured by your home
- Low monthly payments
- Write yourself checks for cash as you need
- Pay interest only on amount used
- Receive detailed monthly statements
- Adjustable interest rates – tied to Wall Street Journal Prime (3.25%)** plus .35% up to .55% with a floor of 4.5% (spread based on credit score and then loan value).
- Property Insurance will be required
Home Improvement Loans
Home Improvement Loans allow you to make additions and changes to your home, including adding a room or deck, a new roof, new heating and cooling, or many other types of Home Improvement.The First State Bank offers several other types of Consumer Loans, including Auto Loans, Personal Loans or Debt Consolidation Loans.
*Consult a tax advisor
**Rate effective as of October 2012