The First State Bank's secure mobile banking is available on all web-enabled mobile phones with any service provider.
No download is needed.
Mobile banking is great to use when you are shopping so you know your exact account balance.
Mobile banking is also great to use while traveling. No need to find a computer or Wi-Fi spot while on the go.
The First State Bank offers mobile banking at no charge. To sign up for mobile banking, simply sign into Online Banking and choose Mobile under the Preferences menu.
Secure Mobile Banking
Mobile banking is secure. You can set alerts for account balance information that is above or below a specified amount.
You should always Sign Off after using mobile banking to protect the security of your information.Independent Community Bankers of America (ICBA) offers these tips for safe use of mobile banking:
- Never provide personal identification or banking information over your mobile device unless you initiate the contact and you know that you’re dealing directly with your bank.
- Remember, your bank would never contact you asking for personal or banking information. Assume any unsolicited text request is fraudulent. Giving this information places your finances and privacy at risk.
- Avoid sharing your password, account number, PIN and answers to secret questions. Don't save this information anywhere on your phone.
- Don't set the Web or client-text service to automatically log you in to your bank account. If your phone is lost or stolen, someone will have free access to your money.
- Set the phone to require a password to power on the handset or awake it from sleep mode.
- Immediately tell your bank and your mobile operator if you lose your phone.