The First State Bank is taking applications for a Network Administrator opening located at our Huntington branch. The qualified applicant must be able to provide support to local and remote end users and hosts, track all IT department assets, implement and maintain all hardware and software changes, and preserve all data through appropriate backup services. The qualified applicant is an individual with strong Microsoft Server and Cisco experience as well as network security knowledge.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Installs, maintains and monitors the bank’s Local Area Network.
- Reviews and evaluates vendor products (software and hardware) and telecommunications equipment.
- Maintains LAN/WAN hardware, security, and performance.
- Recommends and implements LAN/WAN standards and policies.
- Provide day-to-day support to local and remote users on Windows Active Domain-based network.
- Maintain backup and imaging services to minimize downtime.
- Assist with project and technology budgeting, cost models, planning and coordination efforts.
- Manage network infrastructure (including wiring, switches, hubs, routers, and related equipment.)
- Manage all servers and workstations through hardware, software, and other related maintenance.
- Manage and coordinate internet-related projects and properties as well as internet-based services (email, web, and DNS)
- Manage IP-based telecommunications system (Cisco Call Manager, & Cisco Unity).
- Maintain, monitor, and manage all aspects of the converged telecommunications network.
- Maintain all printers and print functions.
- Track all IT assets through inventory control system.
- Maintain and support both client and server antivirus services.
- Prepares users to accomplish job results by developing and conducting training sessions
- Prepares network utilization and security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
- Contributes to organization business goals by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university is preferred.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- A minimum of five years’ experience
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies
- Ability to demonstrate a thorough and effective understanding of the bank's computer systems
- Ability to maintain work flow in a highly detailed and time critical manner
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.