Mortgage Loan Processor
The First State Bank is taking applications for a Mortgage Loan Processor. The qualified applicant will be expected to process mortgage loans for both The First State Bank and the Community Mortgage Network (CMN), as well as underwrite mortgage loans.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of all fields within FICS and OSI.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of all First State Bank mortgage products.
- Build and maintain relationships with assigned banks.
- Stay in constant communication and contact with customers in regard to loan status.
- Create folder for new loans, input into FICS, and order the floor certification.
- Reconcile credit report and self-employment income and send to underwriting.
- Download credit scores and email back loans from automated banks (CMN).
- Underwrite A+ LP loans.
- Order PMI for loans over 80% LTV (Loan to Value).
- Prepare closing package for non-wholesale banks.
- Work closed packages when received making sure all conditions are cleared and send to the purchasing department.
- Broadcast rates to the Community Mortgage Network banks.
- Look up paid off loans for payoff department to advise if loans are FSB refinances – new FICS number and if escrows are to be rolled over.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor towards customers, colleagues, and management at all times.
- Attend training to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Some mortgage experience is preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office and other software applications.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.