Accounts Manager of Mortgage Lending
The First State Bank is taking applications for an open Escrow Clerk position. The qualified applicant is a well-organized individual who possesses a strong understanding of escrow functionality and knowledge of mortgage and commercial loans.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of all mortgage and commercial products.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of all fields within OSI and FICS.
- Assist borrowers with escrow, tax, and insurance questions.
- Set up loans, request additional information (if necessary), and ensure the information is correct.
- Search file for information necessary to set up loan. If any information is missing the originating bank or borrower must be contacted to obtain this information.
- Maintain contact with insurance providers and updating any necessary changes.
- Update insurance policy declarations.
- Complete analysis on all escrowed accounts. Review to ensure correct and mail to borrower with a welcome letter and payment coupons (unless loan is an ACH).
- Order tax service for new escrow and non-escrow accounts.
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor towards customers, colleagues, and management at all times.
- Attend training to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Two (2) or more years’ experience in escrow or related field.
- Ability to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office and other software applications.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.